01 Sep 10 Things To Do On The Gold Coast This Spring
Gold Coast Spring:
Spring has officially sprung on the Gold Coast and we are so excited! The Gold Coast is a great place to live in general, but there is something special about Spring… The weather starts to warm up and it is the best time of year to get out and enjoy the best that the Gold Coast has to offer.
Gold Coast beaches draw crowds from all over the world for their beautiful white, soft sand and clear, warm water and surfable waves, but there are so many other activities to be enjoyed all over the coast… Find below, 10 things you have to do on the Coast this Spring!
- The sunflowers are in full bloom which means a trip south to Cudgen’s Farm & Co is a must! Shop the organic fruit and vegetables on this beautiful Kingscliff farm and grab a selfie among the gorgeous field of sunflowers.
- Grab your family or your partner and whisk them away for a magical day at Tambourine mountain. Enjoy the trails and swimming in the waterfall before finding a magical spot to enjoy a picnic in nature.
- Looking for a family adventure? A whale watching tour could be just what you need. Take in these magnificient creatures with their young as they venture south… (If you admire them from the beaches, it will be a great day out with the family that won’t cost you a cent!)
- Grab a bunch of friends and treat yourself to a winery tour. Gold Coast Spring means it is winery tour season so there are plenty to choose from!
- Let’s not forget about one of our favourite times of year… Melbourne Cup! Dust off your fascinator, get out your party dress and head to the Gold Coast race track to take in this exciting race day as well as admire the fashion and indulge in some amazing food!
- Treat yourself this Gold Coast Spring and head to one of the many Gold Coast Spa’s… One of our personal favourites in the Greenhouse Bathhouse located in beautiful Tallebudgera.
- Sunday afternoons will be well spent this Gold Coast Spring, enjoying the sunset and events on Burleigh Heads Hill. Each Sunday afternoon Burleigh lights up as the sun goes down with special acts including fire twirlers, freelance musicians and small market stalls… the kids are sure to be entertained for hours as you sit on a picnic rug with your partner and enjoy the gorgeous view North to Surfers Paradise.
- Grab the fam and jump on a ferry and tour the islands that neighbour the Gold Coast. Stradbroke island is one of our faves and is a definate must!
- There is no better time of year than to spend your weekends testing out new cafes and finding hidden gems. If you are feeling adventurous, take a trip to the Hideaway Cafe. The name says it all… This cafe is hidden among the trees in beautiful Tallebudgera Valley and is definately worth the trip.
- Saturday and Sunday are market days and Gold Coast Spring is the best time of year to enjoy them! Carrara Markets is on each weekend and not only has an amazing range of organic, fresh fruit and vegetables but hosts hundreds of local businesses and their unique products. Plants, clothing, furniture and second hand loves… this market has it all.
Of course you will have to make time to visit the Farmers markets at Helensvale, Mudgeeraba, Burleigh Heads, Miami and Palm Beach… they all have something different to offer and each is a unique experience worth having at least once!
Tourists from all over the world come to the Gold Coast for it’s amazing adventure opportunities… we are so lucky to be able to enjoy them all year round, so this Gold Coast Spring, make sure you get out and enjoy everything that the Coast has to offer!